1. Home
  2. Community
  3. Residents
  4. Officials
  5. Departments
  6. Charter and Ordinances
  7. Minutes
  8. Forms & Permits
  9. Facility Rental
  10. City Parks
  11. Activities & Events
    1. Upcoming Events
    2. PerryFest
    3. Event Photos
  12. Council Recognitions
  13. History

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Public Services

How do I get rid of my household trash?
The City of Perry contracts with Granger to pick up trash within the City. Trash is picked up
every Monday beginning at 7 a.m.
Trash is limited to six bags per household. Each homeowner may place six bags at the curb by
7 a.m. Monday.
Bags cannot exceed 35-lbs. each.


Large items are also picked up for an additional fee
(i.e. anything that won't fit in a trash bag, furniture, appliances, etc.). 

For a price on items not listed, persons may call Perry City Hall prior to the time of expected pick up.

Large items will NOT be picked up unless City Hall is contacted first.

Are there any items that Granger will not accept?
There are items that will not be picked up, including, but not limited to, lead batteries, sewage, yard trimmings,
tires with rims, 
hazardous waste, liquids (no paint in paint cans, oil or turpentine), radioactive materials,
drums/barrels that are not empty, 
compressed gas cylinders (including propane), appliances with freon, ignitable,
corrosive, reactive or toxic materials, 
medical wastes, asbestos, large amounts of demolition materials and wood.

Is there a Spring Clean-Up Week in Perry?
There is a Spring Clean-Up Week in Perry. Although the date(s) change annually, the community event is usually held
about the third weekend in May. Advance promotion is publicized on the City Website, Facebook and local newspapers.

How do I report a Street Light Outage or Traffic Signal Malfunction?
Malfunctioning street lights within the City may be reported by logging the Consumers Energy web site;
or by calling City Hall, 625-6155.

How do I get information about costs and permits for sewer/water hook-up fees, and meter sets?
DPW Superintendent John Souder can provide the information regarding meters and Water/Sewer connection.
He can be reached 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by calling City Hall, (517)-625-6155.

How does the City of Perry calculate my Water/Sewer bill?
City residents are billed Monthly for Sewer, Water and Trash pick-up.
Please watch your monthly bill for usage that you believe is greater than you normally use.
You may have a slow leak that adds up quickly.

FYI: A normal family of four uses 6,000 to 8,000-gallons of water monthly.

How can I dispose of grass clippings, leaves, and yard waste?
Grass Clippings, Leaves, Yard Waste and small Branches are picked-up
Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Weather Permitting.
Items that can be composted should be placed at the Curb - NOT in the Gutter Pan.

In the Spring and Fall, leaves may be placed in a pile at the curb (NOT in the Gutter Pan)
for the DPW Vac Truck to pick up.
Twigs and small tree branches (not exceeding 2-inches in diameter and one foot in length)
should be piled with cut ends facing the street,
separate from yard waste to prevent damage to Chipper and Vac Truck.

However, Recreational Burning is allowed for grilling, etc. Guidelines for Open Burning may be found in
City of Perry Ordinance 678.03.


203 W. Polly St.
Perry, MI. 48872


(517) 625-6155
(517) 625-6157


8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Local Weather